Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
Former Cowboy plans touchdown with DTZ
Batam, investment agency integrate licensing system to ease doing business
Topics : Read also: Europe, Middle-East among regions poised to offset decreasing investments from China”Many investors have shown an interest in investing in Batam,” he said. “But many problematic regulations still hamper the process. We don’t feel like Batam is a real free-trade zone.”Rudi added that the OSS subsystem would only be implemented in Batam but expressed his hope that a similar mechanism could be implemented in other parts of Riau Islands province. Batam in Riau Islands is set to implement a new online single submission (OSS) platform, namely the Indonesia-Batam OSS System (IBOSS), in an effort to digitize the issuance of business licenses in the region. The Batam Indonesia Free Trade Zone Authority (BP Batam) and the Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM) signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) on Monday to launch the system.Read also: In Singapore’s neighbor Batam, malls empty, ferry trips reduced as virus fears lurk “We’ll focus on accelerating the realization of investments and easing the process of registering business permits with this system,” said BKPM head Bahlil Lahadalia, adding that Batam as a Free Trade and Port Zone Authority (KPBPB) is a center for imports and exports that requires its own OSS sub-system.IBOSS is a subsystem of the existing national OSS and allows businesspeople to register all their business licenses online. The subsystem also records data on foreign direct investments (FDI), domestic investments (PMDN) and small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the Batam area.“If there are any complaints or land-use issues, for example, we can identify them quickly,” Bahlil said, adding that BP Batam should immediately revoke the land utilization permit of anyone, especially businesses, that had no development plans for the plot of land they owned.Meanwhile, Batam Mayor and BP Batam head Muhammad Rudi conceded that land disputes had hampered investment, adding that the majority of land in Batam had been allocated to businesses even though they were left empty.
Arsenal keen on signing Bournemouth star Ryan Fraser on free transfer
Arsenal keen on signing Bournemouth star Ryan Fraser on free transfer Advertisement Fraser was keen on signing for Arsenal (Picture: Getty)Fraser was then desperate to sign for the Gunners but he was denied a move and the Scot has failed to replicate that form this term.Nevertheless, the Mirror claim Arteta shares Emery’s view that Fraser would be a smart acquisition and the Gunners are preparing to sign him on a free this summer.AdvertisementAdvertisementMore: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityArsenal could face competition from the likes of Everton, while Bournemouth have not given up hope of Fraser signing a new deal.The Cherries are desperately trying to survive in the Premier League and sit 18th in the table.Arteta is likely to have to search for bargains this summer as Arsenal face a fourth straight season outside the Champions League.A failure to qualify could mean having to cash in on Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who will have 12 months to run on his deal this summer and is unlikely to sign fresh terms. MORE: Arsenal make transfer offer to sign Chris Smalling from Manchester United Ryan Fraser is out of contract at the end of the season (Picture: Getty)Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta is keeping an eye on Ryan Fraser’s situation at Bournemouth with a view to signing the winger on a free transfer this summer.Unai Emery was desperate to sign the Scotland international in 2019 but Bournemouth refused to sanction his departure, turning down bids of around £12m.Fraser was considered a cheap alternative to Nicolas Pepe and Arsenal eventually signed the Ivorian for a club record £72m.Arsenal’s interest in Fraser came on the back of a sensational 18/19 campaign that saw him provide 14 assists and score seven goals for the Cherries.ADVERTISEMENT Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 25 Mar 2020 6:28 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link7.1kShares Advertisement Comment
Arsenal legend David Seaman highlights one key area for Bernd Leno to improve
Comment Advertisement Metro Sport ReporterThursday 23 Apr 2020 10:05 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link1.9kShares Leno has been a standout player for the Gunners (Picture: Getty Images)David Seaman believes Arsenal No.1 Bernd Leno can become a ‘great goalkeeper’ if he focuses on improving his decision making when coming for crosses.The Germany international has been one of the Gunners’ top performers this season, often sparing the blushes of his back four with some outstanding saves.Leno was brought in from Bayer Leverkusen in 2018 as a backup to Petr Cech, but has stepped up to the plate as first-choice keeper since the Chelsea hero’s retirement.Seaman, who made over 400 league appearances for Arsenal, backs the 28-year-old to succeed, but only if he refines one key area of his game.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘With Leno, I’m very confident, I think he needs a bit of work with crossing if I’m honest, he sometimes comes out for the cross when he doesn’t need to,’ he told the Handbrake Off podcast. ‘That decision on whether to come out for the cross or just say no is a massive decision and I think he needs not to come out as much as he does.’Read the latest updates: Coronavirus news live Seaman excelled for club and country (Picture: Getty Images)In a 13-year spell at the north London club, Seaman won three league titles and four FA Cups, playing behind legends such as Tony Adams, Lee Dixon, Nigel Winterburn and Sol Campbell.The 56-year-old admits Leno’s job will be much harder than his, he added: ‘I think he’s got the potential to be a great goalkeeper at Arsenal, but it’s going to be hard for him because are we as good as a team as the team that i went into?‘He’s going to have to really show his goalkeeping side of him, because the winning of trophies might not happen.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal‘What I like about him, he doesn’t make flash saves, if he can make the save easy, then he will make it look easy, that’s what I used to try and do, and I like that in a goalkeeper.‘It shows they’ve got an inner confidence that they can do that, rather than trying to make a camera save where it’s an easy save but they push it over the crossbar and do three twists and a roll afterwards.’MORE: Ian Wright reveals how Arsenal legend Patrick Vieira prepared for battles with Manchester United and rival Roy KeaneMORE: Arsenal defender David Luiz admits he wants to go back to BenficaFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page. Advertisement Arsenal legend David Seaman highlights one key area for Bernd Leno to improve
P160-M flyovers seen to decongest 2 city points
The proposed flyovers have a total allocation of P160 million.Each flyover would have two lanes and 300 lineal meters long. These projects, funded under Fiscal Year 2019-2010 GeneralAppropriations Act (GAA), are in line with the Duterte administration’s “Build,Build, Build” program that seeks to accelerate infrastructure spending anddevelop industries in the country that will yield robust growth, create jobs,and improves the life of the Filipino people./PN These infrastructure projects are the following: * Jibao-an Flyover along the Iloilo Circumferential Road crossingMandurriao-San Miguel Road in Mandurriao district A perspective of the flyovers in Barangay Buhang, Jaro, Iloilo City. The flyover would be implemented by the Iloilo City District Engineering Office. PHOTO COURTESY OF DPWH These two areas are “chock-a-bloc” everyday especially during rushhours, according to District Engineer Rodney Gustilo of the Department ofPublic Works and Highways (DPWH) – Iloilo City District Engineering Office. A public consultation was already undertaken, attended by variousstakeholders that included owners of existing overhead and undergroundutilities that may be affected by the construction, said Gustilo. ILOILO City – Two proposed flyovers here will serve as alternateconnection to shorten travel time and abate traffic congestion along two majorthoroughfares. * Buhang Flyover along the Iloilo Circumferential Road crossingIloilo-Capiz Road (New Route) in Jaro district
OCD deputy chief fired over ‘loss of trust, confidence’
Office of Civil Defense deputy administrator Kristoffer James Purisima is sacked due to “lack of trust and confidence,” says Malacañang. PCOO MANILA – President Rodrigo Duterte has sacked the deputy chief of one of the government’s disaster response offices due to “loss of trust and confidence,”Malacañang announced yesterday.Duterte has removed Office of Civil Defense (OCD) deputy administrator Kristoffer James Purisima from his post effective immediately, according to Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque.Purisima’s functions at the OCD, the implementing arm of the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council or NDRRMC, includes managing the impact of calamities.Roque said that President Duterte has finally accepted the resignation of Department of Information and Communications Technology Undersecretary Eliseo Rio Jr.Rio has tendered his resignation last January 31 due to “internal issues” after he was allegedly kept out of the loop over how DICT spent P300 million in confidential funds.“The Palace thanks Usec. Rio for his invaluable services to the nation and we wish him well in all his future endeavors,” Roque said.Rio on his Facebook post also confirmed President Duterte’s acceptance to his resignation.“I will not comment anything on the timing of this acceptance, as it may invoke disruptive discussions absolutely not needed in the midst of this pandemic crises, except to express my utmost gratitude to the President for giving me this chance to serve our country under his administration,” Rio said.“I wish to express also my full confidence on the leadership of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte in handling the COVID-19 crisis,” he added./PN
Chelsea vs Barnsley: Lampard set to hand Chilwell, Silva debuts
Read Also: COVID-19: Premier League manager, two players test positive Lampard is also expected to hand chances to a number of other players who have fallen down the pecking order at Chelsea since the glut of summer arrivals. Tammy Abraham will be keen to impress, as will Callum Hudson-Odoi. Possible Chelsea XI (4-3-3): Caballero; Azpilicueta, Tomori, Rudiger, Chilwell; Jorginho, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek; Hudson-Odoi, Mount, Abraham FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 The duo returned to training at Cobham last week and are now ready to be involved in Lampard’s plans going forward. Barnsley’s visit to Stamford Bridge will come too soon for fellow new arrival Hakim Ziyech, though the Moroccan and Christian Pulisic are making progress with their own respective recoveries. Loading… “He is in the squad tomorrow,” Lampard said of Silva, who turned 36 on Tuesday. “Chilwell is in the squad tomorrow and Christian and Hakim Ziyech are getting closer as well.” Promoted ContentWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Fantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread Art5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Body5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The World8 Things That Will Happen If An Asteroid Hits EarthA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This DayPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D GraffitiFrom Enemies To Friends: 10 TV Characters Who Became CloseBest Car Manufacturers In The World7 Non-Obvious Things That Damage Your Phone Frank Lampard could hand debuts to two of his summer signings in tonight’s Carabao Cup third-round tie against Barnsley, with Thiago Silva and Ben Chilwell fit and ready to feature. Both defenders have missed the start of the new season having suffered injuries before making the move to west London.
Mourinho bids to keep balance
Jose Mourinho will bid to sustain Chelsea’s Barclays Premier League title challenge for longer this season after watching from afar as it has unravelled prior to the new year in recent campaigns. Press Association The Blues finished 25 points adrift in sixth when Sunday’s opponents Manchester City won a first championship in 44 years in 2012 and 14 points behind in third when Manchester United triumphed last term. Mourinho led Chelsea to a first championship in 50 years in 2005 and successfully defended the title, but the Blues have won one Premier League since, in 2009/10 under Carlo Ancelotti. But Mourinho is relaxed about the outcome in the overall context of the season. “We are going to play our game and let’s see if our game is enough to win against them,” the Portuguese said. “We want to win. To win is good, to lose is not good. “(But) in this moment, with the way the Premier League is going week after week, no result will put a team in a great situation, no result will put a team in a difficult situation. “It’s a big team, yes, it’s a very good team, but every match is a test and every match is three points.” Mourinho was unable to give a reason for the seasonal blip but did offer a reassurance it would not be repeated this term. “I don’t believe in curses,” Mourinho said. “We have matches to play, lots of matches. We have six matches in November, plus the Capital One Cup match, which is the end of October, plus two matches in the national teams, which makes nine. “Nine matches in a month. For sure we can’t win nine. That’s for sure. Maybe we lose, maybe we draw. “For sure we keep the balance. The same way we keep the balance when we lost against Basle. “(But) I’m not looking to November, December, I’m looking to tomorrow and tomorrow is still October. After, we will see what happens.” Chelsea are a point better off than Manuel Pellegrini’s City after eight games and enter the contest on the back of a seven-match unbeaten run which has included 14 goals in their last four games. The contest is one of the most eagerly awaited of the season so far, pitting squads lavishly assembled by Roman Abramovich and Abu Dhabi’s Sheikh Mansour, one of the few men in the world with more disposable cash than the Russian oligarch.
India take the 75-run Lead, West Indies all out for 222
North Sound: India ensured that they remain firmly in control of their first Test against West Indies by taking an 89-run lead in the first session of Day 3. After dismissing West Indies for 222, KL Rahul (6) and Mayank Agarwal (8) played out seven overs and put up 14 runs on the board before umpires called for Lunch.Earlier in the day, Mohammed Shami and Ravindra Jadeja got the final two West Indies wickets. India were frustrated by Holder and Cummins for much of the early part of the first session. Ravindra Jadeja seemed to have got his second wicket of the innings when the umpire raised his finger for a caught behind appeal against Cummins. However, the latter reviewed that decision and replays showed that there was clear daylight between bat and ball.But India got the breakthrough an over later, when Mohammed Shami got a nick off Holder. There was no doubting the decision this time and Holder walked having made 39 off 65 balls.The West Indies innings did not last long after that, with Jadeja dismissing Cummins off the first ball of the next over. Cummins fell for the fifth longest duck in terms of balls faced in Test history.India will be looking to avoid another top order collapse when they take the field with a lead of 75 runs. While India did score 297 in the first innings, much of it was due to a middle and lower middle order fightback led by Ajinkya Rahane and Jadeja after a top order collapse.Brief scores: India 297 (Rahane 81, Jadeja 58, Rahul 44, Roach 4/66) & 14/0; West Indies 222 (Roston Chase 48, Jason Holder 39, Ishant Sharma 5/43) IANSAlso Read: Ravindra Jadeja Fifty Helps India to 297 against West IndiesAlso Watch: Religious procession by Sikh community people arrives in Biswanath Chariali
Soccer’s European Championship postponed for 1 year because of coronavirus
Soccer’s European Championship postponed for 1 year because of coronavirus Associated Press March 17, 2020 Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditNYON, Switzerland (AP) — Soccer’s European Championship postponed for 1 year because of coronavirus.,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6