Category: pktxkdquqbvmtnlh

Robredo hits Marcos: ‘I’m not the robber’

first_img Robredo’s response was after Marcos said in an interview that he was “frustrated” by the Sumpreme Court’s (SC) verdict and that he feels robbed by Robredo. MANILA – Vice President Leni Robredoslammed former Sen. Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. who said he was “robbed” ofhis supposed six-year-term as vice president. “Parang dapat hindi niya kaya yun sabihin. Between the two of us, hindi ako yung robber,” she added. “Yung resulta galing sa Comelec (Commission on Elecetions), prino-claim tayo ng Kongreso panalo tayo. Nagkaroon ng recount, panalo ulit tayo. Ilang panalo pa ang kailangan para maniwala siya hindi siya yung nanalo?” Robredo said./PN “By conducting the cheating in the election, they robbed the proper Vice President who won the election – myself – from the 3 years of service. Yes, I do,” Marcos was quoted as saying. Instead of ruling whether to dismiss Marcos’ electoral protest, the SC sitting as the Presidential Electoral Tribunal, have ordered the release of the report on the initial recount of votes on Tuesday.center_img Robredo shot down the losing vice presidential candidate, saying it was not her that has the “habit of robbing.” Vice President Leni Robredo. ABS-CBN NEWS The high court also ordered Marcos and Robredo to submit their memoranda “on the various issues relating to the jurisdiction and other matters” on the former senator’s third cause of action, which seeks the annulment of election results in the provinces of Lanao del Sur, Basilan and Maguindanao. “Parang nakakatawa naman na siya nagsasabi nun. Hindi ata ako yung may ugaling mag-rob. Lahat ng na-achieve ko pinagpaguran ko, wala akong fake diplomas. Hindi ako naglalabas ng fake news,” Robredo said in a press conference after the Supreme Court deferred anew on ruling on Marcos’ poll protest. last_img read more

ICPO wages war vs illegal gambling

first_imgILOILO City – The Iloilo City PoliceOffice (ICPO) has declared an all-out war against all forms of illegalgambling in the metro. ICPO director, Police Colonel EricDampal, vowed to hit hard on illegal gambling, particularly illegal numbersgame “bookies” that continuously compete with the government-sanctioned Small TownLottery (STL). Last week, Police Regional Office 6director Police Brigadier General Rene Pamuspusan also directed his local unitsand police chiefs to focus on illegal gambling aside from illegaldrugs. Dampal, who recently took ever the ICPOhelm, called on all his police chiefs, including intelligence officers, to spearheada full-scale crackdown against illegal gamblers in their area of assignment. Healso ordered his cops to strictly follow the “no take policy.” He also warned his men for the no takepolicy. Dampal noted that based on their latestmonitoring, there are no organized financiers in this city, saying theoperations are individual and that the bet collectors are basing their resultto STL in the province of Guimaras. The STL in Guimaras is legal after thefinanciers got their franchise.center_img According to the city top cop, this directiveis in line with the main thrusts of no less than, Philippine National Police chiefGeneral Archie Francisco Gamboa, who earlier vowed to make the country free fromillegal gambling. “Those who will be caught violatingmy directive for the no take policy will be slapped with an administrativecase,” said Pamuspusan./PN “There will be no let up againstillegal gambling and I made this clear to my men – the no take policy,” saidDampal.   On March 7, last_img read more

Aluko to address MPs on BAME absence in sports leadership

first_img Paul Elliott, the chair of the FA’s inclusion advisory board, has established a voluntary Equality In Football Leadership code to improve diversity among football clubs and governing bodies at all levels. Aluko who has always been outspoken against all forms of gender discrimination featured prominently in allegations of racism that saw former England Women coach Mark Simpson sent packing. Eniola who is elder sister of Super Eagles ace Sonny Aluko who plays for Reading, last laced boots for Juventus ladies before taking the Women Sporting Director at Villa. Read AlsoAluko named Aston Villa Women’s first sporting director She made 27 appearances for Juventus scoring 15 goals. Other clubs she played for in the course of her footballing career include Birmingham City and Charlton Athletic. She scored goals for England in 102 appearances between 2004 and 2016. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Nigeria born former England international Eni Aluko, will address Members of Parliament next week Tuesday on the lack of black, Asian and minority ethnic representation in sports leadership roles. The former Chelsea and juventus ladies ace who is currently Aston Villa Women Sporting Director has been called to an evidence session of the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) committee scheduled for Tuesday July 7. The lack of BAME representation at the upper echelons of UK sport has been highlighted by the focus on the Black Lives Matter movement. Also billed to address MPs will be Paul Cleal, non-executive director and adviser to several sporting bodies, including the Premier League where he sits on the Equality Standard Panel. Eniola Aluko last laced boots for Juventus ladies scoring 15 goals in 27 appearancesAdvertisement Loading…last_img read more

Wildcat Netters Defeat Golden Eagles

first_imgFranklin County High School Boys Varsity Tennis beat Lincoln High School 3-2.#1 Singles Jack Stirn 7-5, 6-0 vs. Mark Cox#2 Singles Brant Ertel 3-6, 2-6 vs. Mike Dalrymple#3 Singles Landen Wuestefeld 2-6, 0-6 vs. Brandon Duran#1 Doubles Kurt Oetzel & Lonnie Schwartz 6-2, 7-5 vs. Zach Hall & Jacob Longo#2 Doubles Will Wade & Evan McMillin 6-1, 7-5 vs. Dillon Asher & Jarrin ErvinCourtesy of Wildcats Coach Dylan Scott.last_img

Ferdinand: Welbeck hungry for goals

first_imgRio Ferdinand can sense Danny Welbeck is desperate to avoid a second season of goalscoring underachievement. Press Association Welbeck has passed that figure already with his brace at Swansea last weekend, with Ferdinand confirming his team-mate had returned for pre-season training with renewed determination. “Every other department of Danny’s game is fine,” said Ferdinand. “It is just the goalscoring. “Many people forget he was playing on the wings a lot of the time last season but you still expected him to score more goals. “You can tell from the way he has approached the season, the way he is training and the way he looks at the moment he has got it in his head he wants to get on the goalscoring sheet. “You can see that in the positions he is taking up. He is a lot more threatening now.” Ferdinand has spotted the same traits in Robin van Persie, but for different reasons. Having secured the Golden Boot in addition to his first Premier League title last season, Van Persie’s controversial move from Arsenal worked out perfectly. But, as with Welbeck, he too wants more. “Robin doesn’t want to be remembered as a one-season wonder,” said Ferdinand. “He doesn’t want people to think about him as just coming here, doing well in that one season but not being able to continue. “He wants to do it over a number of years. He is on course to be remembered in that way.” Like so many of his United team-mates, now Van Persie has got the taste for medals, he has no wish to lose it. “Robin is not a short-term kind of guy,” said Ferdinand. “It is all long term for him. There is a thought process behind everything he does. “It is all geared towards him being as good as he can be on a weekend. In that sense, he is just doing what you expect. He is a top player.” Despite forcing his way into Roy Hodgson’s first-choice England line-up, Welbeck’s scoring record for Manchester United last term left much to be desired. The 22-year-old found the net on only two occasions for the Red Devils last term, with his single Premier League strike coming against Stoke in October. last_img read more

GLTA and GBTI host successful tennis camp

first_imgTHE partnership between the Guyana Lawn Tennis Association (GLTA) and Guyana Bank for Trade & Industry (GBTI) has resulted in another successful tennis camp. Despite the rainy weekend, the camp ended with excitement at the GBTI Tennis Courts in Diamond.In his opening address, the President of GLTA, Mr. Jamal Goodluck, praised GBTI for their collaborative efforts and expressed his gratitude to the scores of tennis enthusiasts for their zeal and willingness to participate in the camp.The association will be working on maintaining a programme in the the community. Parents were encouraged to continue making tennis a key part of their children’s development, while the adults were congratulated for their endurance throughout the camp.Mr. Surendra Samdass, Manager of GBTI Diamond Branch, conveyed the commitment the financial institution has made in supporting the development of tennis in the Diamond community and in Guyana as a whole.He stated that GBTI will continue to foster a relationship with GLTA, by not just sponsoring the annual GBTI Tennis Tournament, but through the Diamond Tennis Camp as well.Samdass encouraged the participants of the camp to take advantage of the opportunities available to utilize the bank’s tennis courts, so that they can develop their skills learnt over the pass few weekends.Immediately following his address, the Bank Manager presented the players with certificates of participation in the three-weekend tennis camp. Outstanding players won trophies in their respective categories. Those categories and their winners are:In the Adult class, Saeed Gopie took the win ahead of Runner-up Andy Jafer, while Donnie Anderson beat Renaldo Alexander in the Intermediate division.The junior class saw Johnny Dick and Kevon Aaron finish winner and runner up respectively while Noah Persaud was the winner in the beginners category with Paul McKenzie as the runner-up.last_img read more

Chahal sparks England collapse as India win T20 series

first_imgBENGALURU (Reuters) – Yuzvendra Chahal spun a web around England’s batsmen to pick up six wickets and fire the hosts to a series-clinching 75-run victory in the third and final Twenty20 international on yesterday.Chasing 203 for victory, the touring side collapsed spectacularly to lose their last eight wickets in 19 deliveries for the addition of eight runs as they were dismissed for 127 in the 17th over.Leg-spinner Chahal’s figures of 6-25 were the third best in the shortest format of the game.Earlier, Suresh Raina and former captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni scored brisk fifties to power India to 202-6 after England skipper Eoin Morgan won the toss.India lost batting mainstay Virat Kohli to a run-out early but Raina, who made 63 off 45 balls, and KL Rahul (22) gave the team a good platform with a 61-run stand for the second wicket.Rahul was bowled for 22 by Ben Stokes but replays later showed the umpire had missed the paceman overstepping the bowling crease.Dhoni then struck his first T20 international half-century on his way to a 36-ball 56 and, with another experienced batsman in Yuvraj Singh, flayed the English attack to take India past the 200-run mark.Left-handed Yuvraj, who hit England fast bowler Stuart Broad for six consecutive sixes in the World Twenty20 in 2007, smashed three sixes and a four in four balls off paceman Chris Jordan in his knock of 27 from 10 balls.England looked well set to push India close and were 114-2 in 12 overs after Morgan smashed part-timer Suresh Raina for three sixes in an over costing 22 runs.But they lost their way against leg-spinners Chahal and Amit Mishra and after Joe Root was dismissed for 42 and Morgan for 40 the remaining batsmen all fell cheaply.Umpire Chettithody Shamshuddin, who had upset England with a couple of contentious decisions in the last game in Nagpur, withdrew from his on-field duties before the toss after complaining of illness.India also beat England in the Test and One-Day series.last_img read more

MHS win bragging rights after beating `Muli’ 324-238 points

first_imgMACKENZIE High School (MHS) won the bragging rights as they topped Christianburg-Wismar Secondary School ‘Multi’ 324-238 points when they squared off on Independence Day, Sunday, in a rain-affected showdown in athletics at the Mackenzie Sports Club (MSC) ground.Junior national athlete, Deshanna Skeete,  running for the Mackenzie High School, emerged as the most outstanding athlete of the championship with 30 points, while Christianburg-Wismar Secondary’s Shaquka Tyrell was also in brilliant form, accumulating 28 points as they were the Champion Female Athletes, while Russell Payton of Mackenzie High School scored 26 points to be the Outstanding Athlete while Christianburg-Wismar Secondary’s Tristan Clarke gained 25 points  to be among the best at the Championship.Rolling back a rivalry which started in the mid 1970’s, both schools were keen on showing the talent that, over the years, made them the powerhouses in track and field in the mining town. From then to now, the Upper Demerara / Kwakwani District 10 has emerged as the most dominant in the history of the National Championship and the pivotal roles, played by both MHS and Multi, cannot be denied and some of those athletes who were outstanding through those years were on hand to witness the battle of the titans and among them were former athletes, Michael Goodluck of Mackenzie High and Sandra Baird of the Christianburg-Wismar Secondary ‘Multi’ School. Also present were the Amateur Athletics Association of Guyana (AAG) President Aubrey Hutson and Region 10 Member of Parliament, Audwin Rutherford.While Mackenzie High School won the championship, the two competing schools were rewarded with a smart television and $100,000. (Joe Chapman)last_img read more

USC Security Roundup

first_imgThe following incidents were reported in the USC Dept. of Public Safety incident report summary between Tuesday, Sept. 30, and Wednesday, Oct. 1. Crimes against propertyAt 10:54 p.m. on Sept. 29, it was reported that a suspect used a rock to shatter the rear windshield of a student’s vehicle parked at 37th Street and Raymond Avenue. The suspect used an unknown object to scratch the paint on the rear passenger side door.At 6:16 p.m. on Sept. 30, a staff member reported the hubcaps of her car missing from the Soto Street Building lot.At 10:19 p.m. on Sept. 30, a staff member reported that an unknown object struck and shattered the front windshield of a USC tram.    At 2:30 a.m. on Oct. 1, DPS responded to a report of a man carrying a bicycle while riding another one at Subway. The man was later taken in for booking.Miscellaneous incidentsAt 8:09 a.m. on Sept. 29, a student reported receiving two suspicious envelopes in the mail and brought them to the DPS office for assistance. Safety Office personnel were requested to open the envelopes and nothing hazardous was found inside them.At 9:04 a.m. on Sept. 29, a staff member drove a University tram into the base of a light post at Biggy Lot, causing minor damage to the tram and the post. At 8:54 p.m. on Sept. 29, a staff member reported that a key broke off the ignition of a University vehicle at Parking Structure A.last_img read more

Belgian soccer team cancel training following bombs

first_imgThe Belgian Football Association says its thoughts are with the victims and football is not important today.Belgium are preparing for a friendly at home to Portugal next Tuesday.last_img